Danbury, CT – Personal Injury/DUI/ Criminal Defense
Atty. Richard D. Arconti
“EXPERIENCED, SKILLED, CARING, AND TRUSTED“
Quality Legal Representation for Over 40 Years.
I have been practicing law in Danbury, Connecticut for forty years, including seven years as an Assistant State’s Attorney prosecuting felonies and misdemeanors. Before opening my own practice in 2008, I was a principal in the Danbury law firms of Pinney, Payne, P.C., and Secor, Cassidy, and McPartland, P.C.
Testimony to my legal service is my BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® listing for my professionalism and ethics.
I represent plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury cases involving auto and motorcycle accidents, uninsured and underinsured motorist actions, premises liability, defamation, insurance coverage disputes, and products liability. Because of my experience representing plaintiffs and defendants, I am often called upon to serve as an arbitrator or mediator to help other attorneys resolve their personal injury cases, and I was appointed as an arbitrator for cases in the Danbury Superior Court.
Personal Injury My clients have recovered just compensation for losses and damages resulting from:
- Auto accidents and motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian injuries
- Unsafe products
- Slip-and-fall/Premises Liability
- Workers compensation
- Wrongful death
RECENT CASE SUCCESSES – Personal Injury (results are based on the merits of the case)
- $1,225,000 settlement of wrongful death case involving motorcycle collision
- $249,000 settlement for a woman who suffered a fractured ankle in a motor vehicle collision
- $188,000 arbitration award for 45 year old male with a fractured leg as a result of a negligent assault
- $300,000 settlement from Conn. Insurance Guaranty Fund for estate of 16 year-old-crushed by truck; insurance company had become insolvent
- $165,000 settlement for elderly condo owner who fractured her ankle on ice-covered sidewalk
- $150,000 settlement for woman who fractured her elbow after tripping over a speed bump in a poorly lit commercial parking lot
- $150,00 settlement in case brought in Federal Court where insurer initially refused to pay benefits under disability policy
- $120,000 settlement for woman who suffered fractured clavicle in auto accident
- $100,000 settlement for young child who suffered a fractured foot in an auto accident
- $75,000 for man who suffered burn injuries to his foot from a cleaning product
- Obtained defense jury verdict in a personal injury action on behalf of an unlicensed massage therapist
DUI & Criminal Defense
I have defended hundreds of individuals charged with felonies including embezzlement, domestic violence, burglary, narcotics, homicide, vehicular manslaughter; misdemeanors; and motor vehicle offenses including DUI in courts and at DMV per se license suspension hearings. I was an Assistant State’s Attorney in the Danbury Superior Court for nearly seven years. I have tried dozens of criminal cases to judges and juries, and I have argued numerous appeals to the Connecticut Appellate and Supreme Courts.
Real Estate – Commercial & Residential Closings and Litigation
I have successfully litigated eminent domain and highway condemnation appeals, contract disputes, boundary and title disputes, mechanic’s lien matters, and foreclosure actions, as well as numerous business disputes involving professional partnerships, LLCs, and other small businesses. I have also served as a court appointed committee and have conducted many foreclosure sales.
RECENT CASE SUCCESSES – Real Estate Litigation (results are based on the merits of the case)
- Obtained court decision after trial in favor of seller of a day care center in a contract dispute involving a mortgage contingency date
- Obtained Probate Court decision after trial upholding validity of a will which left 40 acres of prime buildable land to a local land trust
- Obtained favorable arbitration decision after extensive hearing relating to a highly contested dissolution of a real estate LLC
- Obtained Superior Court decision after trial in favor of home inspection company accused of negligent inspection
- Successfully sued State of Connecticut in highway condemnation case where the legislature had passed a law requiring my client’s condemned property to be sold to a specific buyer
Appellate and Supreme Court Cases:
- Raph v. Vogeler, 45 Conn. App. 56 (1997)
- Randazzo v. Pitcher, 17 Conn.App. 471 (1989)
- State v. Stevenson, 198 Conn. 560 (1986)
- State v. Martin, 2 Conn. App. 605 (1984)
- State v. Ibraimov, 187 Conn. 348 (1982)
- Sabino v. Ruffolo, 19 Conn. App. 402 (1989)
- Western Conn. State University Foundation Inc.
- Candlewood Lake Authority
- Union Savings Bank
- Wetmore’s Jeep, Inc.
- Georgetown Jeep/Eagle
- Homechek Real Estate Services, Inc.
- New England Collegiate Baseball League, Inc.
- A to Z Property Management
- Assoc. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons P.C.
- T.J. & Son, Inc.
- Danbury High School Athletic Hall of Fame, Inc.
- Quality Gem
- Blansfield Builders
- Mobile Rescue
Contact the Law Offices of Richard D. Arconti
Call Attorney Richard D. Arconti at 203-790-7747 or contact me online to schedule your free consultation.
The Law Offices of Richard D. Arconti provides legal services to clients in Danbury, New Milford, and surrounding areas.